- Do I need prior medical knowledge or experience to join City EMT?
No, prior medical knowledge or experience isn’t needed.
- Can I still participate in the program if I committed a crime?
Depends, it has to comply with the state EMS background guidelines.
- What are the requirements to apply?
A high school diploma or GED and 18-24 years old.
- Do I have to pay to join the City EMT?
No, you do not have to pay. This is a stipend-based program.
- Will I be qualified for an EMT or a paramedic job after this program ends?
Yes, if you pass the National Registry.
- How long is the program?
- Is this program a full-time commitment?
- Where will the training be located at?
Pier 96, Administration Building, Suite 100, San Francisco, CA 94124
- If I’m a woman, can I apply?
- What kind of training will I receive?
Students will receive physical/functional training (cardio, weight lifting, etc). They will also receive non-clinical case management. We will support with career development and provide additional resources.
- What if I fail the final exam? Will I still be able to graduate the program?
No, you have to pass the final exam to graduate the program.