Thank you for your interest in the City EMT Program. Please read through the information below:
Students accepted are REQUIRED to participate for the entire length of the program September 2021 - December 2021
There will be a MANDATORY orientation held on August 27, 2021 (tentatively scheduled).
* Training and education through daily classes, tutoring, workshops, and internships.
* Training in response, anatomy, and the prevention, treatment, and physiology of various illnesses.
* Personal skills enhancement through life coaching, mentorship support, public-speaking opportunities, and practice using leadership skills.
* Participate in professional career development workshops.
* Receive job placement upon successful passing of the National EMT Registry.
Minimum Requirements for applicants:
* High School Diploma or GED (No exceptions)
* 18 - 24 years of age
* Disadvantaged or underrepresented background
* Commit 40 hours a week to the City EMT program
* Attend all classes, internships, and trainings as required
* No more than TWO (2) excused absences during the program
* Attend graduation ceremony upon completion of the program
* Must have proof of a physical exam within the last year
*Proof of a valid California Drivers License by graduation date of program
* Applicants accepted into the program shall complete and pass a criminal background check
* Able to meet the EMT Background Guideline (
Please see State of California EMS Authority EMT Background provided below)
State of California EMS Authority/ EMT Background Guidelines
EMT's with the following backgrounds will not be granted certification:
- Committed any sexually related offense, specified under Section 290 of the Penal Code.
- Convicted of murder, attempted murder, or murder for hire.
- Convicted of two (2) or more felonies.
- On parole or probation for any felony.
- Convicted and released from incarceration for said offense during the preceding fifteen (15) years for the crime of manslaughter or involuntary manslaughter.
- Convicted and released from incarceration for said offense during the preceding ten (10) years for any felony.
- Convicted of two (2) or more misdemeanors within the preceding five (5) years for any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or addictive or dangerous drugs.
- Convicted of two (2) or m ore misdemeanors within the preceding five (5) years for any offense related to force, threat, violence, or intimidation.
- Convicted within the preceding (5) years of the theft related misdemeanor.